Monday 9 February 2009

Eggplant Potato Moussaka with Pine Nut Cream

eggplant potato moussaka with pine nut cream
So, yet another entry from Veganomicon! I still had some eggplant and silken tofu leftover from the Veganniversary on friday and saw this in the cookbook. I had a quick look online to see what others thought and everyone seemed to love it - rightfully so, it's delicious....BUT, as a few bloggers have noted the quantities of eggplant and potato are seriously out of whack! Even knowing this beforehand and cooking up extra potato and eggplant I didn't have enough to do two layers, hence my vertically challenged moussaka you see here....

Anyway, it didn't impede the flavour at all and the dish is lovely - the cinnamon in the tomato sauce is a nice addition and that pine nut cream will certainly be used in other dishes as well, it's fantastic. The recipe has been re-printed with permission on Vegan Peace HERE , just make sure you at least double the quantities of eggplant and potato!

Furthermore I don't know why I took a picture where you can't see the layers, must be cooking exhaustion! The sprinkles you see on top is some of Veganomicon's 'almesan' that I had leftover from the eggplant rollatini - it went really nice with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.